Shick Esteve loading silos are used for bulk loading delivery tankers with powder and granular materials.
Loading is carried out at high throughput: 70 to 200 t/h
- Low-cost homogenisation;
- Reduced maintenance cost;
- Consistent quality of final product delivered to the consumer;
- Buffer volume to accommodate future loadings;
- Fast tanker loading (up to 200 t/h);
- Discharge quantity programmable (silos on gauges);
- Limits controlled with high level/low level sensors or weight sensors.
The silo provides a buffer between the main storage silos (e.g. for flour) and bulk loading for despatch. Material is loaded by mechanical or pneumatic transporter. Unloading is performed with a vibrating or fluidised extractor. The tanker is positioned under the silo. The silo is then connected to the tanker with a telescopic loading chute. For improved batch traceability, silo capacity is generally limited to one loading (25 t). 100 m3 silos (2 load batches) are provided with weight sensors to control loading using a control device such as a valve or screw. A fixed or articulated air-slide is used to load several tanker inlets without moving the truck.
Dimensions and throughput:
Volume: 50 to 200 m3
Diameter: 2.8 to 4.2 m
Vibrating extractor: up to 70 t/h
Fluidized extractor: up to 200 t/h
Construction : aluminum or mild steel painted