Industrial feeder DGD
Volumetric or Loss-In-Weight
The industrial feeder DGD is used to measure and regulate a variable flow of material such as flour, semolina or bran, to produce a continuous flow of 500 kg to 30 tons per hour. Differential feeding by loss in weight is employed to obtain accurate measuring even at high flow rates and despite variations in product density and the flow irregularity of the feeder.
- High throughput from 500 kg to 30 t/h;
- Dosage accuracy : +/- 1 %;
- Regulates the ingredient flow at a constant throughtput;
- The batch weight can be interlocked with an hourly flow rate value;
- Multiple connections for the formulation of on-line recipes;
- Standard PLC, motor and components.
The DGD feeder is supplied by gravity effect from flour storage silos. It may be positioned below the flour silos via a feed screw. During the feeding phase, the weight difference of the extracted product is continuously recorded. The instantaneous flow rate is then compared with the flow rate setpoint and used to regulate the extraction speed. When the product reaches a preset low level, the hopper is very quickly replenished (minimum 2 times the extraction rate).